Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trout Creek Huckleberry Festival


A jolly time was had by all at the Huckleberry festival in Trout Creek this year. Various members of our clan were able to partake in Pancake breakfasts, foot races, a parade, a craft show, and the ever-popular Family Dance. I still think that this event is begging to be made into a mockumentary, but filming could get a little dicey, as Northwestern Montana is known to be a haven for backwards, paranoid types, who have a tendency to shoot first and ask questions- never. With my luck, I would aim a camera at some crazy white supremacist dude without teeth, who would undoubtedly get hostile. Here is a picture of one of my darling nieces getting into the spirit of the separatist movement the area is known for. These toy guns shot out obnoxious little green pellets which littered the ground by the thousands by the end of the weekend.
On the way to and from the lake, we stopped at a trinket shop that had several aquariums full of various local fish. This picture is my attempt at photographing my nieces with one of the fine finny fellows that reside there. I don't know how I could have avoided the glare from the overhead lights on the glass, but I am determined to get comfy with this new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment