Monday, December 23, 2013

Absinthe Fairy

Who would have guessed Absinthe was so damn expensive?  I had no idea.
I've been wanting to make a gift set for my uncle for a few years, so I bought a bottle, an Absinthe spoon, and made a Green Absinthe Fairy.  He'll have to buy his own sugar cubes.
His body is made from 2 pipe cleaners encased in fabric.  His head & hands are Fimo (I embedded 2 glass beads for eyes).  His skirt is gathered tulle, and his hair is wool roving.
 I made his wings out of a gift wrap package container, tracing the wing pattern ( thanks, google image search) and then adding some green sparkly fingernail polish. I found out that the nail polish will smudge the permanent marker lines, so next time I'll remember to paint on the opposite side of the plastic

No comments:

Post a Comment