Monday, December 16, 2013

Three Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf Fairytale Quilt



Two little piggies just hanging out in the straw house.
My darling niece is expecting her first baby in March.  We had a shower for her on Saturday, and I made the baby this goofy blanket.  Each of the houses is a pocket. The big bad wolf and the 3 little pigs can go in and out.
The quilt was made entirely of fabric scraps I had on hand, except for the largish piece of fleece I used for the backing.  The project was a quicky... If I had more time it would have been a little less primitive, but it is cute nonetheless.  Now I am inspired to make more interactive story quilts.
The not so big or bad wolf is house-sitting the stick house.  I don't think he's terribly hungry, although he is gritting his teeth something horrible!

The smart piggie made his house out of bricks.  Doesn't he look smug?

The finished quilt thrown over the back of the sofa




No comments:

Post a Comment